1. This year I made mom friends! – This may not seem like a big deal to most but this is the year I found my tribe! For the last eight years of parenthood, I haven’t really felt like I fit anywhere. The mom friends I have made this year have been welcoming, loving, and so supportive!
2. Kayden learned to read! – We have been trying to teach him to read for the last couple of years, not pushing but gently coaching. Midway through this year something just clicked and he began reading. Not only did he pick up the skill but he also really enjoys reading as well!
3. Emily came out of her shell! – She has been shy her whole life so far, even when it comes to family she wasn’t much of a people person. This year that has changed so much, she is interacting will all sorts of people and is totally confident while doing so. She still has times when she wants to be on the sidelines but she’s taking her time and finding her place in the world!
4. Our family has outlines our goals! – We have had the same dreams for a long time but it wasn’t until this year that we really decided to make those dreams our goals. We are now working actively working towards those goals! I am feeling good about what the future has to bring.
5. I have focused on my mental health! – I have really been trying to take care of myself and focus on my mental health. The worst year of for my mental health was 2017 and I vowed that I would never let it get that bad again. I have been working on my physical health as well to help with the mental health journey. I still have a lot of work to put in but I am proud of how far I have come!
6. We have found our homeschool groove! – It has taken a couple years to find our footing and have the confidence to really run our homeschool how it really works for us. This year we found the balance that works for our family. We are not quite unschoolers but we are definitely leaning more and more that way. I am excited to see what next year has to bring us in terms of our homeschooling journey!